Yummy and easy Handmade Sausage Rolls! Great for party food or lunchboxes!
Ingredients (makes 36 Sausage Rolls)
- 500g Beef Mince (can use any type though)
- 500g Sausage Mince
- 6 sheets Puff Pastry, thawed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 4 button mushrooms, peeled and diced
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tbs BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 tbs mixed herbs
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line your trays (2-3) with baking paper.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half and leave on blue backing sheet and spread these over the bench. NOTE: It's easier to cut when slightly frozen still, by the time you have made the mix they will be thawed enough to roll.
- In a large bowl, combine beef mince, sausage mince, breadcrumbs, 2 eggs, prepared vegetables, mixed herbs, bbq sauce, tomato paste, minced garlic and seasoning.
- Combine all the ingredients with your hands by squishing them together - this step is fun for the kids. It is messy so I prefer to use gloves.
- Divide mixture into 12 balls and sit onto each rectangle of pastry.
- Roll a log out of each of the balls and lay along the middle (length ways) of the pastry pieces. Should only use up one third (directly in the middle) so there is room to roll and overlap!
- Fold pastry over until the long edges overlap and press to seal. It helps to roll it back and forth on the bench.
- Cut each long roll into 3 pieces and lay out on your lined baking trays. You will end up with 36 sausage rolls.
- Beat remaining egg in a bowl and brush the egg over the pastry. Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds if you like.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes then reduce the heat to 180C and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden.