Want to spice up your Mexican night at home with the family? Then this recipe is for you. It’s quick, easy to make, and best of all it’s a dish the whole family will enjoy!
With most families at home at the moment (including our kiddies) there’s more time to spend with our children in the kitchen, cooking and baking together as a family! This is a great recipe to get the kids to help with, as it’s super easy to make and they can take part from preparation up until tasting time.
Thanks to the lovely people at D’Orsogna, we’re excited to share this recipe for Honey Mustard Ham & Pulled Chicken Quesadilla with you. The Honey Mustard Ham & Pulled Chicken Quesadilla’s are filled with D’Orsogna Flame Roasted Sweet Honey Mustard Ham. Winner of the Product of the Year 2020 in the small goods deli category (survey of 10,000 people by Nielson). With a sweet dijon mustard flavour, this high-quality ham is double smoked with oak wood and real flame roasting, so you know the succulent meat will satisfy your tastebuds. In this recipe, ham and chicken, along with your choice of cheese, spring onions and tasty smoked paprika make up the filling for your Quesadilla, serve this with a side of charred corn salsa, sour cream and chipotle mayo and you’ll be going back to the kitchen for seconds or even thirds!
Don’t cook Mexican too often in your home? Here are our top 3 tips to getting the perfect Quesadilla, that tastes like it’s straight from Mexico!
- Limit your oil
Too much oil in the pan when cooking your Quesadilla’s can make them soggy and greasy, rather than deliciously crispy. Just half a teaspoon or so of oil to coat the bottom of the pan ensures a crispy tortilla with golden-brown spots – yum!
- Get your stove temperature spot on
You want to make sure that your pan isn’t too hot that the bread burns, and the inside of Quesadilla doesn’t cook. Make sure you stove is on a medium to high heat, where the cheese melts nicely inside and your tortilla is crispy, without burning on the outside.
- Don’t skimp on the cheese
You want to make sure that your cheese holds your filling in place to prevent all your ingredients tumbling out of your Quesadilla and onto the plate. Make sure you add your cheese to the top and bottom of your filling, so it works like a glue to piece your delicious Quesadilla filling together.
We hope these tips help! You can also watch this quick step-by-step video, so you can create the Honey Mustard Ham & Pulled Chicken Quesadilla’s at home.
We know this recipe will be a winner with your family, and what’s great is that you can buy the D’Orsogna Flame Roasted Sweet Honey Mustard Ham, freshly sliced at the Woolworths Deli counter.
Mouths of Mums have teamed up with D’Orsogna to bring you this recipe. The D’Orsogna family has been crafting quality hams, bacon and continental products for more than 70 years. They’re still 100% Australian owned and WA based, and loved by consumers right across our great country.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 slices D’Orsogna Flame Roasted Sweet Honey Mustard Ham
- 8 12cm tortillas
- 2 cups grated cheese of choice
- 2 cups pulled chicken (or roast chicken)
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup spring onions sliced
- 1/2 cup diced red capsicum
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup charred corn
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 4 tbsp chipotle mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- To make the charred corn salsa, mix together the diced red capsicum, with black beans, charred corn, spring onions (thinly sliced), lime juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Lay out four tortillas then divide the ingredients across all four layering cheese, chicken, D’Orsogna Flame Roasted Sweet Honey Mustard Ham more cheese and spring onion. Sprinkle with paprika and top with another tortilla.
- Oil a large fry pan over medium high heat.
- Place the tortillas on the pan (or as many as fit) and cook on one side for 4-5 minutes before turning and cooking the other side until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are browned.
- Remove to a board and slice in half or quarters.
- Put tortillas on a plate and top with your charred corn salsa, sour cream and chipotle mayonnaise. Garnish with Coriander.