This recipe was developed by Andy Wright of The Cellar Restaurant to celebrate A Little Bit of Italy in Broke. For more information about the event, please visit www.italyinbroke.com.au
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 Hind quarter lamb shanks
- 1 Sprig rosemary chopped
- 1/2 Bunch thyme chopped
- 8 Clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Litres Lamb stock
- 100 grams Sliced eschallots
- 1/2 Bottle Good red wine
- 20 mL Olive oil
- 1 Cup Chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 Bay leaves
- Marinate the lamb overnight with the garlic, herbs and red wine.
- Pre heat the oven to 140c, place the drained shanks in a heavy pot with a lid, brown for 10 minutes then add the saved red wine, bay leaves and the lamb stock.
- Cook, covered for at least 2 hours, they are ready when the bones moves freely in the shank. Leave over night in the liquid.
- The next day scrape off the fat and slowly reheat. Serve with some roast chats and a great bottle of Best of Vintage.