- Serves 8
- 1.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
This juicy roast chicken is sure to be a hit at any dinner table!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2 Chickens
- 2 Lemons, cut into quarters
- 4 Thyme sprigs
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 240°C. Place a rack over a deep baking tray and fill tray with water until just below the rack (make sure the chickens are not touching the water). Place a small strip of baking paper down the middle of the rack to stop the chicken skin from sticking.
- Fill the cavities of the chickens with the cut lemon and thyme and place chickens (starting breast side up) on the rack. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Take the chickens out of the oven, remove from the tray, turn them over and put them back on the paper over the rack, breast side down. Then reduce the temperature to 190°C and cook for a further hour or until the juices run clear. When cooked remove from oven, cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- This method will produce the juiciest roast chicken you have ever tasted. If you wish, serve with some gravy using the juices from the tray, with its subtle lemon flavour.