- Serves 2
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
This delicious recipe for Lamb backstrap is courtesy of Zoe Bingley-Pullin on behalf of My Food Bag.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- TOMATO, BASIL AND PARMESAN SAUCE
- 1 punnet cocktail truss tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 350g lamb backstrap
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- TO SERVE
- 175g green beans, ends trimmed
- BBQ grill to medium-high (if using). Bring a full kettle to the boil.
- Combine tomatoes, basil, oregano, parmesan and olive oil in a medium-size bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to stand for 20 minutes to allow the flavours to develop while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels and season with salt. Transfer to a plate and rub with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Heat a griddle pan or BBQ grill (if using) to medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 1-2 minutes each side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking. Cover and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
- While the lamb is resting, transfer tomato sauce ingredients to a saucepan on medium-high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until tomatoes start breaking down. Stir every minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place green beans into a small bowl and cover with boiling water, leave for about 1 minute, drain and refresh in cold water.
- TO SERVE: divide green beans between plates, top with sliced lamb and drizzle with tomato, basil and parmesan sauce.