- Serves 4
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
There’s nothing like a warm and hearty lasagne to bring the family together on a weekend.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g fresh lasagne sheets
- 400ml coconut cream
- 400ml milk (or vegetable stock)
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes, cut in 2cm cubes
- 2 brown onion sliced
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella
- 12 large basil leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C and grease a 24x24cm square ovenproof dish.
- Drizzle 1 TBSP of oil over sweet potato cubes and roast on lined baking sheet in oven till golden brown, about 20 minutes. Mash sweet potato slightly, season with salt and pepper. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C
- Sauté onion with 1 TBSP of oil in frypan over medium heat for 5 minutes until soft and slightly brown, turn off heat, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, warm but do not boil coconut cream and milk (or vegetable stock if you prefer).
- Lay 2 sheets on the base of the ovenproof dish and pour warm liquid over. Add a quarter of mashed sweet potato and a quarter of onion. Pour warm liquid to cover veggies, and add a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Repeat 2 more times and spread with last quarter of potato and onion. Place basil leaves over the surface and then sprinkle grated mozzarella. Bake in oven for 25~30 minutes until golden.
We love the smell of coconut waffling out of the dish soon as it’s brought to the table. Basil gives that complimentary fragrance and the cheesy mozzarella is so effective to trigger the laughter.