- Difficulty Easy
My two boys are aged 8 and 10 so I am truly past the toddler stage – however the other day, my boys ran through the door after school and discovered Fiddlesticks on my bench (I opened a packet of ‘Fiddlesticks’ for my friends 1 year old to munch on so we can have an uninterrupted coffee!).
Are you sick of endless soap scum in your bathroom? APPLY TO REVIEW Dettol Healthy Clean Bathroom Rapid Foam
To my amazement my boys were so excited to see ‘Fiddlesticks’ and couldn’t wait to open one of the stay fresh bags to munch on as an after school snack. I explained to my boys that Fiddlesticks are for children aged from 12 months plus and their response was ‘so, we are, can we have them mum?’. What could I say? They’re organic, they have no artifical colours or flavours, made with extra virgin olive oil, no added preservatives, baked not fried, low in sugar and trans fat free! I was more than happy to let them have Fiddlesticks for an afternoon munch. This gave me the idea to make my ‘Little Bellies Cheesy Pumpkin Fiddlestick Pops’ just for fun. My big boys loved them! Here’s the recipe:
Cheesy pumpkin Fiddlestick pops recipe
- 50g roasted or steamed pumpkin
- 100g cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 20g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 stay fresh bag of Little Bellies Fiddlesticks, broken in half
1. In a mixing bowl, mash pumpkin with a fork until smooth. Add cream cheese and mash together with pumpkin until combined. Fold through cheddar cheese.
2. Roll teaspoon amounts of mixture into balls. Press half a Little Bellies Fiddlestick into the centre of each ball to make a pop.
3. Serve and watch your child enjoy them!
1. Any leftover roasted vegetables from dinner is ideal for this recipe.
2. This cheesy pumpkin mixture makes a delicious dip alternative. Push in a few Fiddlesticks and make a fun echidna for the kids.
3. Little Bellies Fiddlesticks are available in 2 varieties, Carrot & Pumpkin and Cheese.