- Makes 12
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
I like using raspberry jam for my melting moments normally in the buttercream, this time I tried lemon juice and zest for something different and it turned out just as yum!
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 200 grams Unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornflour
- 50 grams Unsalted Butter (for buttercream)
- 3/4 cup Icing Sugar (for buttercream)
- 1 tablespoon Jam (raspberry is great) or juice and zest of one lemon (for buttercream)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees, line trays with baking paper.
- Beat 200g butter, extract, sifted icing sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Sift in plain flour and cornflour, mix.
- Roll rounded teaspoons into balls and place about 2cm apart. Flatten slightly with fork.
- Bake for 16 minutes and then cool on trays.
- Meanwhile make butter icing. Beat jam, icing sugar and butter together.
- Sandwich biscuits together with buttercream. Enjoy!
I have made these the past few Mother's Day. I wrap them in little cellophane gift bags. Have had many compliments about them. Great with a cuppa on cooler days!