This Mexican macaroni and cheese recipe is a quick and easy pasta dish!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500 grams minced meat
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water or beef stock
- 1 1/2 cups elbow pasta (macaroni)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- pinch salt & pepper to taste
- Brown off mince and drain excess fat, add taco seasoning, tin tomatoes, water and pasta. Stir and cook on low until pasta is cooked.
- Meanwhile melt butter in saucepan, wisk in flour and cook until fragrant and light brown in colour, wisk in milk and stir until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and salt and pepper untill melted and smooth.
- Pour cheese mixture over pasta mixture and stir gently to combine.