- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This macadamia hummus is great as a dip or to spread on sandwiches as an alternative to butter or margarine.
Australia is the birthplace of macadamias and the story of The World’s Finest Nut began thousands of years ago. Today, they are grown in the same rich, fertile soils and have the natural advantage of being grown in their country of origin.
- ½ cup macadamias, roasted
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 medium basil leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and purée until smooth.
This recipe is courtesy of The Australian Macadamia Society.