- Makes 1
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Mulberries are in season and they are delicious…but they stain skin purple when handling them! So this is where Ansell Handy Fresh Powder Free gloves come in handy! Now you can enjoy Mulberries, and in particular this Mulberry & Apple Crumble, without having purple hands for days!
Ingredients (makes 1 large crumble or 4 individual ones))
- 3 cups Mulberries
- 2 medium Apples, peeled, cored, and cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 TBS Caster sugar
- 1/3 cup Plain flour
- 1/4 cup Oats
- 2 TBS Brown sugar
- 50g Butter, cubed
- Using Ansell gloves, remove the stems from all the mulberries, and add them to a small sauce pan, Add in the apples and caster sugar, and gently heat for about 5 -6 minutes (stirring regularly) until the apples have started to soften.
- Discard all liquid, and place mixture into individual or one large dish. Set aside
- To make the crumble, add all ingredients together and using your hands & Ansell gloves, rub the dry ingredients into the butter until completely incorporated and there isn’t any lumps of butter left.
- Sprinkle crumble over the top of the mulberry and apple mix, and then bake in a pre heated oven set to 180 degrees.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the crumble is golden and crispy. Serve warm or cold with cream or ice cream