This is a very easy to make pork and bean stew. Ready in a short amount of time, yet full of flavour. It’s a great way to add veggies into dinner without the complaints.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Brown Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 700g Pork, diced
- 2 Medium Chorizos, sliced
- 1 x 400g can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbs Dried Thyme
- 2 x 400g cans Mixed Beans (e.g., Butter Beans, Cannellini Beans)
- 1 x 400g can Kidney Beans
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 50g Baby Spinach Leaves
- Optional Crusty Bread, to serve
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large pot. Add onion and garlic. Cook stirring until onion is soft.
- Add the pork and cook until browned. Stir it occasionally so that all pieces are browned all over.
- Add the chorizo, tomatoes and thyme. Stir it through and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- While the meats are simmering, drain all cans of beans and rinse under cold water. Add the beans to the pot and mix through. Add a cup of boiled water to increase the liquids. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add carrots and mix through. Place spinach on top and cover the pot. Let it simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Then mix the spinach through.
- Serve stew with crusty bread. The liquid will have the flavours of the onion and chorizo, so is great for dipping bread in.