- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Paneer Chilli is a famous North Indian recipe that is usually cooked for special occasions. This recipe adds a wonderful little hit of chilli to a traditional dish.
Paneer is also sometimes referred to as Poneer, Cottage Cheese Fonir, Chhana or Chhena. Paneer is a lovely rich source of milk protein.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup Green capsicum chopped in squares
- 2 cups Diced paneer
- 1 cup Tomato puree
- Pinch Salt or to taste
- Pinch Turmeric and Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 cup Diced onions
- 2 tsp Olive Oil to cook
- Heat oil in a pan or wok.
- Add diced onions and shallow cook until translucent.
- Add tomato puree and mix well. Let it cook for 3-4 mins on a low temperature.
- Add some water if the puree looks too dry. Add all spices together and mix into the tomato puree.
- Add capsicum and saute for 3-4 mins on a low temperature.
- Once the capsicum is tender add paneer pieces. Let it simmer for another 5 mins, stirring gently to coat the paneer in the sauce and then garnish with coriander to serve.
- Serve with naan bread or rice.
You could have different variations like adding peas instead of capsicum, but I love the capsicum version more.