- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Paneer Chilli is a famous North Indian recipe that is usually cooked for special occasions. This recipe adds a wonderful little hit of chilli to a traditional dish.Paneer Chilli is the perfect dish to showcase Paneer – a fresh cheese common in the Indian subcontinent. It is an unaged, non-melting cheese made by curdling milk with a fruit- or vegetable-derived acid, such as lemon juice. Its acid-set form is called chhena.Paneer is also sometimes referred to as Poneer, Cottage Cheese Fonir, Chhana or Chhena. Paneer is a lovely rich source of milk protein.This Paneer Chilli is beautiful served with warm Naan bread or Roti.For a fun project, why not try making your own Paneer. Lisa from Healthy Nibbles, shows us How to right here.Our favourite store bought Paneer for this recipe is Lemnos Paneer - available at most supermarkets.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup Green capsicum chopped in squares
- 2 cups Diced paneer
- 1 cup Tomato puree
- Pinch Salt or to taste
- Pinch Turmeric and Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 cup Diced onions
- 2 tsp Olive Oil to cook
Notes... You could have different variations like adding peas instead of capsicum, but I love the capsicum version more.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok.
- Add diced onions and shallow cook until translucent.
- Add tomato puree and mix well. Let it cook for 3-4 mins on a low temperature.
- Add some water if the puree looks too dry. Add all spices together and mix into the tomato puree.
- Add capsicum and saute for 3-4 mins on a low temperature.
- Once the capsicum is tender add paneer pieces. Let it simmer for another 5 mins, stirring gently to coat the paneer in the sauce and then garnish with coriander to serve.
- Serve with naan bread or rice.
Recipe Paneer Chilli with Vegetables
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.