- Serves 4
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Pesto pinwheels make a great party snack!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 small jar pesto
- 50 grams grated semi-hard French cow's milk cheese, like Beaufort or Comté
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 mls milk
- Cracked pepper
- On a clean flat surface, roll out puff pastry and spread evenly with pesto.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Gently roll pastry into a tight log, wrap in foil, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a ramekin, beat egg yolk with milk and a pinch of salt.
- Cut pastry log into 5 mm slices and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly cover pastry with egg wash.
- Lower the oven to 180°C and bake until just golden, 10-15 minutes.