- Serves 8
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
This slice can be kept un-iced frozen quite well, its a great lunchbox filler!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 Cup Self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup Custard powder
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Vanilla yogurt
- 1 Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 440g Pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained
- 200g Cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Desiccated coconut
- Sift flour and custard powder into a large bowl and stir in sugar.
- Whisk oil, eggs, yoghurt and lime rind together and fold into the dry ingredients,
- Spread half the mixture over the base of a baking paper lined 15cm x25cm lined pan. Spread drained pineapple over the batter then dollop remaining batter over the top, spreading to roughly cover
- Bake at 180C for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes in pan before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread cream cheese over the cooled slice and sprinkle with coconut and grate over a sprinkling of lime rind for colour. Slice into 16 squares and refrigerate until required.
You can also replace the pineapple with tinned pears or apple