- Serves 5
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
Crunchy golden bread jaffles, filled with turkey mince & veg in a thick gravy.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 500 gms Inghams Turkey Mince
- 125 gms Sweetcorn Kernels (canned)
- 1/3 Cup Peas
- 1 med Carrot (finely diced)
- 1 small Onion (finely diced)
- 200 gms Diced Tomatoes (canned)
- 1 Tbs Parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Brown Onion Gravy Mix
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 loaf Hi Fibre Bread (day old works well)
- 1 Spray Olive Oil (for toasting)
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan, add onion & cook until clear.
- Add the Inghams Turkey Mince, fry until browned.
- Add the Carrots, Sweetcorn & Peas, cook for a few minutes, add the tomato and simmer on low heat until the vegetable are cooked, add a little more water if necessary.
- Mix the gravy & water, add to the pan & simmer until thickened, set aside to cool a little.
- Heat a small pie maker/ jaffle maker, spray with olive oil, cut the bread to size, press into the cups, fill with the turkey mixture, top with bread circles, spray tops with a little olive oil and cook until golden.
A quick, easy dish that's great for lunches, snacks and my favourite ... feeding a heap of hungry kids when I'm on play-date duty. Full of healthy turkey and veg in a yummy gravy, it's a great way to put extra vegetable into kids meals/snacks and much healthy than serving party pies. I made 5 jaffles, but 500gms of Inghams Turkey Mince makes heaps of jaffles, just add 2 slices of bread per serve, with enough left over to freeze for next time. My favourite hint, top each jaffle with a child's initials and watch the smiles :)