- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Just like The Colonel’s only better. No nasty ingredients and tasty to boot.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 600g boneless chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tabs soy sauce
- 1 tabs shaoxing wine
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2L oil for deep-frying
Notes... You can purchase tapioca flour in the health food isle at your supermarket.
- Mix the chicken with the garlic, ginger, soy, wine, sugar and 5 spice powder and set aside to marinate for 10 mins.
- Coat the chicken in the tapioca flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat oil in a suacepan to 170C and fry the chicken in batches until golden brown and cooked. Skim off floating flour bits from the oil as needed.
- Rub through a mixture of spiced salt (outlined below) and serve on a bed of rice with greens.
- For the spiced salt, mix 1 tabs salt, 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder, 1/4 tsp white pepper and a pinch of chilli powder.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.