- Serves 6
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
A delicious flavour combination of sweet vegetables and delicious tender pork.
You can make crackling with the pork rind to really make this dish stand out!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1kg boneless pork leg roast, trimmed and cut into 4 cm chunks
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- 1 leek - pale section only, rinsed, trimmed and chopped
- 1 apple - pink lady or Fuji, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250ml sparkling apple cider
- 1 small fennel bulb - trimmed & thickly sliced
- 100g button mushrooms, halved
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 2 tablespoons coarsley chopped flat-leaf parsley
- as desired steamed english spinach, to serve
- Place the Pork in the pressure cooker. Sprinkle with the rosemary, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and gently toss to coat.
- Add the leek, apple, garlic, and cider to the cooker and gently mix to combine. Lock the lid in place and bring the cooker to high pressure. Once pressure is reached, set time for 20 minutes and cook, until the pork is almost tender.
- Release the pressure using the quick release method and then remove the lid carefully
- Add the fennel, mushrooms and sweet potato, replace the lid immediately and lock in place. Bring the pressure cooker to low pressure. Once low pressure is reached (after the steam stops coming out of the steam vent), turn on timer and cook for 5 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Release the pressure after the 5 minutes and remove lid carefully.
- Serve the pork mixture sprinkled with the parsley and freshly ground black pepper, with the steamed spinach on the side.