- Serves 4
- 12 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This porridge is a cherished family recipe passed down from my grandma.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Cup Cooked rice of any kind (jasmine, brown, red, wild)
- 1/4 Cup Cooked rolled oats or barley
- 400ml Coconut milk
- 1/4 Cup Brown sugar
- 6 Dates cut into small pieces
- A handful of Raisins and goji berries
- A small piece of Paw paw cut into small pieces
- Place cooked rice, oats or barley in a medium size saucepan. Add coconut milk and brown sugar.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar has dissolved and rice mixture has warmed through. About 3-5 minutes.
- Add fruits and stir to combine. Depending on your preference, continue to cook another 5 minutes and turn off heat; or simmer a little longer if you like it very soft.
A very traditional bowl of porridge we share early in the morning around the breakfast table. It gives us plenty of energy to get going especially on a cold winter's day.