- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This is such a wonderful treat, the whip is so easy and my little angels love the smooth sweet and spicy flavour of the fruit and cinnamon and the added caramalised pear along side gives great texture.
Don’t forget preparation and cooking time is only 15 mins but whip needs a good few hours of setting/freezing time.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- FOR THE WHIP:
- 600 ml double cream, chilled
- 1 can (395g) sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 1 pouch Rafferty's Garden Apple, Pear & Cinnamon Smooth Range pouch
- FOR THE CARAMELISED PEARS:
- 1 or more pears, peeled and cut into 1/8's
- Sprinkle of brown sugar
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- FOR THE WHIP: In a cold bowl, whip the chilled cream until thick and fluffy.
- Gradually add the chilled condensed milk and continue whipping.
- Gradually add the Rafferty's Apple, Pear & Cinnamon Smooth Range pouch and carefully stir/swirl to mix.
- Pour the whip into a freezer safe container, cover with glad wrap or alfoil and place into the freezer to set.
- FOR THE CARAMELISED PEARS: Simply place some brown sugar (this will depend on the number of pears) but a 1/2 to 1 cup is a good start, into a electric frying pan. Add the cinnamon (about 1 tsp or so) and the butter.
- Add the peeled and cut pears to the sugar mix and cook gently till pears are soft and sugar mix has turned to a lovely golden caramel. Pears can also be cooked a little larger for the slightly older child or cut even smaller for the younger one.
- Add the warm caramelised pears to the frozen whip and EnJoY! :-)