This Quinoa Salad with Turkey and Fetta is an all round winner! In fact, my children asked me if we could always have a big container of this salad in the fridge for snacks!
It’s just so deliciously crunchy from the beans, the purple cabbage and the cherry tomatoes, creamy from the Persian Fetta and low fat from the Turkey Breast Mince.
It’s perfect for a one pan dinner and is ready from cutting to serving in less than 20 minutes. Leftovers are also brilliant for school or work lunches (just include an ice brick in Summer).
Feel free to get creative with your Turkey and Fetta Quinoa Salad depending on what you have in the fridge …
- Switch out the Turkey Mince for Shredded BBQ Chicken, pork mince or for a vegetarian option lentils or chickpeas.
- Switch out the Persian Fetta for Haloumi or even little chunks of cream cheese or crumbled goats cheese.
- And switch out the purple cabbage for kale, baby spinach or broccolini.
Our favourite Quinoa for this recipe is Absolute Organic White Quinoa (order today for $20 OFF your first order).
Whatever way you spin it, this Quinoa Salad is a one pan wonder! Give it a try and then tell us what you think in the comments below.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g Turkey Breast Mince
- 1 small Red Onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 small Purple Cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 large Handful of Green Beans
- 250g Persian or Danish Fetta Cheese (preferably in herbed oil)
- 1/2 punnet Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 cups Cooked Quinoa (I used Black and White Quinoa mix)
- Add 1 - 2 tbsps of the oil from the Fetta Cheese to a frypan on moderate heat and gently saute the garlic and red onion.
- Increase the heat to full temp and add the Turkey Breast Mince. Continue to stir to ensure the Turkey Mince is completely broken up into small pieces.
- When the Turkey Breast Mince is fully cooked, add the green beans and cook for another 3 minutes. Then stir through the purple cabbage and sauce for a minute. Then stir in the cooked quinoa.
- Season with a good pinch of sea salt flakes and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Just before serving stir through the Persian Fetta Cheese (or leave sitting on top) and then add the cherry tomatoes.