These yummy Ricotta filled ravioli make a delicious entree or a gorgeous main meal.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 300g fresh ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated parmasen (plus more for serving with sauce)
- A pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 a lemon - zest only
- 1 egg
- 300g freshly made pasta using the Dumpling Sheets setting on the Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker
- Alternatively You can use 1 packet of egg pastry Wonton wrappers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g butter
- 1 large bunch of sage (dried sage can be used as a substitute)
- Begin by boiling a pot full of water. In a bowl combine the ricotta, nutmeg, lemon zest, Parmesan and egg. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Make the Dumpling sheets using the Pasta Maker. Cut into approx 6cm x 6cm squares. Lay these on a floured surface as the pasta comes out of the machine.
- Now fill each of the squares with a small ball of mixture. Use a pastry brush or your finger to line the outside of the square with water to help seal the pasta when it is folded over to form a case.
- Fold the squares over and seal by using a fork to push the sides together. When the water is boiling place 8 - 10 of the ravioli in at a time. (The ravioli can be covered with cling wrap and refrigerated until cooking.)
- Cook for 3 - 4 minutes and remove from the water using a slotted spoon. Continue until all the ravioli are cooked.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in pan and add butter. Once melted add the sage leaves. Cook well - sage leaves should be crisp. If using dried sage don't cook for as long. Add a handful of parmesan and remove from heat.
- Stir and spoon over your pasta dish.