The Argentinean chimichurri sauce makes your taste buds sing and dance! So much flavour!
Ingredients (makes 1 Large roasted chicken)
- 1 large Ingham's whole chicken
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 large clove Garlic, minced to a fine consistency (I use a mortar and pestle)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup Coarsely chopped parsley
- 3 TBS Red wine vinegar
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TBS Fresh oregano leaves
- 1 Red chilli, de seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Good quality Olive oil
- Completely dry the chicken with paper towel - including the cavity of the chicken.
- Mix the garlic into the olive oil and allow to sit for 10 minutes to infuse
- Brush both sides of the chicken with the garlic oil and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken into a baking dish, and into a pre heated oven set at 220 degrees, for approximately 1 hour (depending on your size chicken) or until juices run clear.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the Chimichurri sauce.
- Combine parsley, vinegar, garlic, oregano and chilli in a mortar and pestle, and work it around until it resembles a thick paste and everything is incorporated. You can do this in a food processor if you prefer. Season with salt and pepper and then add the oil. Allow to infuse at room temperature for at least 15-20 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, cut meat off and drizzle with the chimichurri sauce. Serve with roasted vegetables