- Makes 1
- 1.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
The Argentinean chimichurri sauce makes your taste buds sing and dance! So much flavour!
Ingredients (makes 1 Large roasted chicken)
- 1 large Ingham's whole chicken
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 large clove Garlic, minced to a fine consistency (I use a mortar and pestle)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup Coarsely chopped parsley
- 3 TBS Red wine vinegar
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TBS Fresh oregano leaves
- 1 Red chilli, de seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Good quality Olive oil
Notes... The chimichurri can me made one day in advance and stored in the fridge, but needs to be taken out and got to room temperature before using. This sauce also pairs well with beef and grilled fish
- Completely dry the chicken with paper towel - including the cavity of the chicken.
- Mix the garlic into the olive oil and allow to sit for 10 minutes to infuse
- Brush both sides of the chicken with the garlic oil and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken into a baking dish, and into a pre heated oven set at 220 degrees, for approximately 1 hour (depending on your size chicken) or until juices run clear.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the Chimichurri sauce.
- Combine parsley, vinegar, garlic, oregano and chilli in a mortar and pestle, and work it around until it resembles a thick paste and everything is incorporated. You can do this in a food processor if you prefer. Season with salt and pepper and then add the oil. Allow to infuse at room temperature for at least 15-20 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, cut meat off and drizzle with the chimichurri sauce. Serve with roasted vegetables
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.