- Serves 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 16 Ingredients
We love these savoury pancakes on the weekend for brunch, they are very filling. The cheesy filling with ham is good for the meat lovers and the mushroom filling is good for vegetarians. Pancakes to please everyone! These pancakes are surprisingly filling.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 55 grams plain flour (pancakes)
- 55 grams wholewheat flour (pancakes)
- pinch of salt (pancakes)
- 2 eggs (pancakes)
- 200 ml milk (pancakes)
- 100 ml water (pancakes)
- 4 Tbsp melted butter (pancakes)
- 175 grams gruyere cheese, grated (cheesy filling)
- 175 grams ham, diced (cheesy filling)
- 225 grams mushrooms, sliced or chopped (mushroom filling)
- 55 grams butter (mushroom filling)
- pinch of flour (mushroom filling)
- pinch of ground nutmeg (mushroom filling)
- salt and pepper (mushroom filling)
- 4 Tbsp double cream or sour cream (mushroom filling)
- parsley as desired
- Put flour and salt in a bowl, add eggs, gradually add some of the milk and water, whisking them into the flour a bit at a time.
- Continue adding milk and water to the mixture until everything is mixed evenly. Add half of the melted butter to the mixture and whisk it.
- Brush a frying pan with some of the melted butter and pour 2 tablespoons of pancake mixture into pan.
- Cook pancakes for about a minute, flip and then cook the other side for 10 seconds. Keep warm.
- Melt butter in a frypan and fry the mushrooms until tender, add flour, seasoning. Stir for a minute and then add the cream.
- Sprinkle ham and cheese onto a pancake and fold over for cheesy filling pancake.
- Spoon a little of the mushroom mixture onto a pancake and fold over for mushroom pancake.