A great alternative to sandwiches in the lunchbox with the added benefit of a whole heap of veggies included. You can use any vegetables you have in the fridge (although my broccoli always goes soggy in the lunchbox and never gets eaten).
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 6 Serves)
- 3 Chicken Breasts, cut into bit sized pieces
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice
- 6 Rashes Bacon (you can use substantially less than this, but I love bacon!)
- 1/2 Red Capsicum, diced
- 1 sml can Corn
- 1 sml Onion, diced
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, diced
- 2 Spring onions, sliced
- 1 small bunch Snow Peas
- 1 Healthy Splash Soy Sauce (NB: many soy sauces contain gluten)
- 1 dolop Honey
- 1/2 bunch Basil
- 1tsp Crushed Ginger
- 2tsp Crushed Garlic
- In a large frypan, cook the chicken and set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry bacon for 2 minutes, then add garlic, ginger, onion and carrot and fry for a further few minutes until they are almost cooked
- Add capsicum, corn, celery and stir for 2 minutes until they begin to go soft and then add the cooked rice. Stir until it is quite dry and then add soy sauce and honey to taste. Stir until lightly coated and cook.
- Add chicken and mix through. Serve hot or cold with basil, snow peas and spring onions to taste. If you don't have nut allergies, then add some cashew nuts for a bit of extra crunch.