Seafood Marinara would have to be one of my favourite meals. This recipe is so easy to make and its a perfect midweek meal or a special meal for a dinner party. Best served with crusty bread to soak up the sauce!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- 250ml dry white wine
- ½ cup fish stock
- 400g Jar Tomato Passata
- 270g or (16) mussels
- 500g seafood marinara mix
- 250g good quality whole egg fettuccine
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 1 cup fresh italian parsley, chopped
- to taste salt
- to taste Freshly ground black pepper
- Using a large heavy based non-stick frypan or large non-stick deep pot on a medium to high heat, heat the olive oil, add in the onion, garlic & anchovies and saute for a few minutes until the onions begin to soften.
- Next add in the wine, stock and passata, stir well and bring to the boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and gently cook and reduce for about 15-20minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta to al dente.
- Once the sauce has thickened and reduced, add in the seafood marina mix and stir through and cook for a few minutes. Add muscles and cook for a further 2 minutes until all muscles have opened. Remove from the heat and stir through the Parmigiano-Reggiano and parsley.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce, stir through to coat the pasta in the sauce, and serve immediately.