- Makes 16
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Perfect to stock up and keep in the freezer ready to pull out and bake fresh for a snack/picnic/lunch or party. Full of veg and full of flavour
Ingredients (makes 16 Snack rolls)
- 1kg Sausage mince
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Onion powder & garlic powder
- 1 Carrot
- 2 cups Spinach (steamed & blended)
- 2 tbls Macro broccoli powder
- 2 tbls Macro sweet potato powder
- 4 sheets Puff pastry
- With your hands mix the mince, egg, breadcrumbs and seasonings in a bowl
- Grate carrot and add to mixture
- Steam spinach, blend and cool. Add to sausage mixture. Mix well with your hands and then sprinkle in broccoli and sweet potato powders.
- Lay out puff pastry keeping blue plastic sheets on each sheet. Put layer of sausage mixture along top of pastry. Roll the pastry up ensuring the join is at the bottom. Roll back up in blue plastic and cut into portions.
- Put cut rolls into airtight container and freeze. Pull out portions as needed and brush with egg wash and top with sesame seeds in 180°C oven for 30-35 minutes.
Try this with any veggies you have. (Steamed and blended broccoli, cauliflower) grated zucchini. The powdered veggies work great if you have a fussy kid who refuses to eat something if they spot something green in their food.