- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This Spaghetti alla Carbonara recipe is proudly brought to you by Philips as part of the Philips Spring Kitchen.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 100g Pancetta or Bacon, chopped into small cubes
- 4 Egg yolks
- 200ml Cream
- 1 Red Pepper (Capsicum), finely chopped
- Fresh Thyme
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Fresh Curly Parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Meanwhile, mix the egg yolks, cream and grated cheese and set aside.
- Fry the pancetta and red pepper in a large skillet for 5 minutes. Lower the heat and add the thyme.
- Cook the pasta, drain but keep part of the cooking water.
- Quickly add the warm pasta to the skillet, add the egg yolk mixture and 3 tablespoons of cooking water and toss well. The sauce should be creamy.
- Add topping of fresh curly parsley, grated Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper.