- Makes 7
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 16 Ingredients
These Spaghetti Nests with Meatball Eggs are a ‘tweet’ and fun way to serve spaghetti and meatballs to the kids.
Ingredients (makes 7 nests)
- FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 1 Cup Beef mince
- 1/4 small Onion, diced super fine
- 1 Egg, beaten (you wont need it all, probably around half only)
- Dried parsley
- Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- Onion salt
- FOR THE NESTS
- 1/2 packet Spaghetti
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 10 Baby spinach leaves, sliced thinly (plus extra to serve)
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Jar Basic pasta sauce
- Pretzel sticks (to serve)
Notes... I usually make this when I am making spaghetti and meatballs for the adults and just use some of the spaghetti and mince and make these for the kids. I've adapted the recipe so you can make just these if you prefer. I also usually make a big batch of pasta sauce too and use that as the base, but to keep it simple a jar is fine to use and saves a lot of time. Once I have presented them to the kids, I cut up and mix the sauce through the whole lot for them.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water until tender. Do not overcook. Drain and allow pasta to cool slightly.
- Combine the spaghetti with the egg, spinach, salt, pepper and Parmesan, and mix well to combine. Place small amounts into a greased non-stick muffin tin, making sure it has a well in the centre and resembles a nest. You may need to use clean hands for this bit!
- Place into a pre heated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the egg has set, and nests hold their shape. Do not overcook or the pasta will become dry and hard. Remove and leave in tin for 10 minutes
- To make the meatballs, mix all ingredients together, roll into tiny balls, and cook in a dash of olive oil in a hot frying pan. They only take a few minutes to brown up and cook through.
- Heat the sauce over a gentle heat and when warm, place a bit into the bottom of each bowl. Add a nest and some meatball eggs to it. You can also add some leaves (baby spinach) or twigs (pretzel sticks) to garnish if you want to
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.