An easy spaghetti recipe to whip up.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 350g spaghetti
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g pancetta, fat trimmed, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 4 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp baby capers, rinsed, drained
- 3 cups (90g) baby rocket leaves
- ¼ cup (25g) shaved parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or just until tender. Drain and return pasta to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and pancetta and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until pancetta is crisp. Add the chili, garlic and rind and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in the tomato, capers and rocket.
- Add the pancetta mixture to the pasta and toss to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve topped with parmesan.
This delicious dinner is 12 SmartPoints value per serve. Baby capers are sold either pickled in brine or packed in salt so rinse well before using. They are available in jars in the condiments aisle of the supermarket. Serve with 0 SmartPoints value salad of lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber.