- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This spaghetti recipe was quickly whipped out when we had a visiting boy who could not eat tomato or dairy products.
Try my oven-roasted capsicum sauce instead of tomato sauce here.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g Spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Oven-roasted capsicum sauce (see link for recipe).
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 head of Broccoli cut in small florets
- 1 small Onion halved and sliced
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese grated (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water according to instruction on the packet.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a fry pan, add onion and cook till you smell the sweet aroma intensify, toss in broccoli, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add sauce, salt and pepper and adjust to your taste.
- Drain when pasta is done, and reserve 1/3 cup of liquid. Toss pasta into fry pan and mix evenly, add the 1/3 cup of liquid and stir briefly. Turn off heat, transfer pasta to a big serving bowl. Serve immediately. Offer cheese on the side as an option.