- Serves 2
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 7 Ingredients
A great way to include healthy beans into a meal or snack.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 0.75cup cooked kidney beans
- 0.5 cup cooked black beans
- 0.25 cup wholemeal flour
- 1tbl olive oil
- 1 egg beaten egg
- 1 tsp paprika, tumeric, cumin
- to taste chilli powder/flakes
- Process (or grind) the cooked kidney beans and black beans until they are broken down and can be made into a paste (you can blend but keep mixture dry and not too moist)
- Add spices to paste including paprika, tumeric and cumin (chilli to taste)
- Mix bean paste with flour, beaten egg and oil until mixture is of a consistency that you can shape into patties (add extra flour if mixture too wet).
- Heat the patties with some onion and spinach and warm through until cooked.