You can add onion, chives, parsley to the mix as well
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 3 Large Potatoes
- 2 Rashers Bacon, rind removed and finely chopped
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Cut spuds in half, and then slice a very small section off the bottom (skin side) so the will sit cut side up in a baking dish
- Roast for around 30-40 minutes, until insides are cooked.
- Scoop out pototo, leaving a shell approx 1 cm in thickness.
- Mash the potato with butter milk and salt and pepper, add cheese and diced bacon
- Spoon the mix back into the skins, top with extra cheese and bake until cheese is browned.
Lovley as a side dish to a good bit of steak