- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
A simple classic fried rice that caters to gluten and grain intolerance, and one recipe you can make for the whole family.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 cup millet
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 celery stems, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 3 slices bacon strips, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 small red chilli's, chopped finely
- In a small saucepan add the millet on medium setting with 2-3 cups of water to cook for approx 15 mins. Then strain through the excess water and place the cooked millet in a bowl whilst you prepare other ingredients.
- In a small pan add the onion and garlic to sautee on low for 2-3 minutes. Then add in the bacon, chilli and egg to cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- In a small steamer add the celery and carrot and steam on low for 10-15 mins. Then once cooked, add the vegetables, bacon, eggs, and chilli to the bowl along with cooked millet and stir through the olive oil.