- Makes 12
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This Supreme Pizza Pie is such an easy breakfast, lunch or dinner idea – of course, it’s almost identical to a quiche and fits the official and technical definition of a pie, but given my kids love pizza so much, I call it one.
The fantastic thing about this Supreme Pizza Pie is that the title of ‘pizza’ gives you more license to have fun with the toppings and use up pretty much any leftovers you have in the fridge! You can also tailor the recipe to include anything you or your kids love to put on pizzas, even if it’s not traditional. You could add in bits of asparagus, broccoli, feta, olives, spinach, capsicum, cherry tomatoes or most other veg waiting in the fridge to be eaten. And even if you only have a HUGE pie baking tin, this Supreme Pizza Pie will make your kids the most popular in school at lunch time. You can either serve this Supreme Pizza Pie hot or cold, with a fresh salad on the side. As mentioned, slices of this delicious savoury pie are great for in lunchbox leftovers, but also are perfect for afternoon tea at home or packed lunch on a day trip.
What makes this a SUPREME Pizza Pie?
Supreme Pizzas, as I’m sure you’re all aware, are a type of pizza defined by its toppings. I remember that it also marked a stage of maturity in a teenager who decided to get Supreme instead of Margherita or Meat Lovers. So the traditional toppings on a supreme pizza include, according to Slice, pepperoni, sausage, capsicum, onion, olives and a layer of mozarella cheese. Lots of places also put mushroom on their Supreme Pizzas, and us Aussies love to chuck on extra meat and some pineapple (though I’m not sure how well pineapple would go in this Supreme Pizza Pie!)
What are your favourite toppings or fillings for a Supreme Pizza Pie? Tell us in the comments!
Ingredients (makes 12 Slices)
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- 6 - 8 Semi Dried Tomato pieces
- 4 - 6 Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 - 3 Slices of Ham
- 4 - 6 Slices of Salami
- 2 - 3 Sprigs fresh basil, oregano or thyme
- 1.5 cups Grated mozarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Grease a pie dish or tin with butter (I use the pie tin with the removable base to make it easy).
- Press the pastry into the tray ensuring you press any joins in the pastry together really well so that no leakage occurs during cooking.
- Prick the pastry in a few spots to prevent bubbles during cooking. Sprinkle half of the cheese on the bottom of the pastry base.
- Beat the eggs together in a small bowl with a fork just to break them up slightly. Pour into the pastry base.
- Sprinkle all the other pizza ingredients (except the fresh herbs) evenly on top of the egg mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top evenly.
- Cook for 15 - 25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown, the egg mixture is well set and the pizza ingredients are golden brown too.
- Slice and serve hot with salad or use cold for picnics or lunchboxes.
Recipe Supreme Pizza Pie
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.