- Makes 20
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Smoked salmon on the top instead of avocado is lovely too!
Ingredients (makes 20 )
- 3 large red skinned potatos grated
- 1 sweet potato grated
- 1 egg beaten
- a little plain flour (more if needed)
- 3 tablespoons vege oil
- 1 avacado
- 1/2 tomato diced
- Put grated potatos into a largish mixing bowl, add s+p and egg and mix throughly.
- Fold in enough flour so the mix holds.
- Roll into smallish balls for frying.
- Heat veg oil in a big frying pan and fry the potato balls in batches, don't overcrowd or they won't brown.
- Flatten them with a spatula or egg flipper and when browned lay on greaseproof paper to cool while you do the next batch.
- Mix mashed avocado and diced tomato in a bowl for topping.
- Top with avocado tomato mix and throw some black mustard seeds over them. NB. If you don't want to do the avocado topping, smoked salmon on the top works just as well.