If you are reducing your sugar try substituting the soy and Worcestershire sauces for just coconut aminos. This can be made the night before then cooked in the oven before serving.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk Celery, chopped
- 1 Handful of spinach
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 kilo Beef mince
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Can of tomatos peeled
- 1 Pinch Pepper
- Enough Sweet potato to top in your desired dish (steamed and mashed)
- 1 Tbsp Butter or Ghee
- 2 Tbsp Coconut cream
- 1/2 cup Stock if needed
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (if you want to serve straight away). Heat oil in pan and add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and spinach cook until soft.
- Add beef mince and break it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon until cooked through.
- Add sauces, pepper, tomato paste and tomato can and stock if needed. Cover and simmer on low until liquid has reduced.
- Mash sweet potato with ghee or butter while still hot and add coconut cream, mix and set aside.
- Once meat mixture is reduced put it into an oven dish and top with sweet potato.
- Place in preheated oven for 20 min.