- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 15 Ingredients
A quick, easy to make Chicken & Vegetable Stir Fry, in a yummy sweet & sour sauce (with a hint of spice) topped with crunchy wonton noodles, that the whole family will love.
To save time, prepare the vegetables and fried wonton noodles, earlier in the day, store in air tight containers until needed.
Adjust the number of Inghams Chicken Munchies, for smaller or larger serves … 20 Munchies serves 2 small serves (4 per serve) & 2 large serves (6 per serve)
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 20 - 24 Inghams Chicken Munchies
- 1/2 Red Capsicum (cubed)
- 1/2 Green Capsicum (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 med Onion (sliced finely lengthwise)
- 1 - 2 cm Fresh Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 med Carrot (thinly sliced or julienned)
- 8 Baby Corn Spears (canned, cut in half)
- 1 Cup Fresh Pineapple cubes
- 60 gms Palm Sugar (grated)
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 - 2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Cornflour ( mixed with a little water)
- 6 Wonton Wrappers (thinly sliced and fried until crunchy)
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Place Inghams Munchies on a tray and bake for 15 minutes, turning half way.
- While the oven is heating and the Munchies are cooking, prepare the vegetables, ginger & pineapple.
- Mix the palm sugar, tomato & worcestershire sauce ( adjust to taste), rice wine vinegar and water, simmer until the sugar dissolves, keep warm.
- Heat a little oil in a wok, stir fry the vegetables & pineapple until just cooked, add the sauce & cornflour mixture, simmer until thick.
- Add the Inghams Chicken Munchies to the wok and gently stir until well coated with the sauce.
- Serve on a bed of steamed Basmati rice, topped with the fried wonton noodles & sliced spring onion.
Worcestershire sauce is an unusual ingredient to use in an Asian dish, but it adds a hint of spice to the sauce, that's easy to adjust to suit your family's tastes. I always seem to have wonton noodles left over when I make dumplings, slicing and frying them, is a great way to use the extras up, kids love them.