- Serves 6
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 15 Ingredients
This Sweet Soy Braised Pork Belly is one of those Slow Cooker recipes that’s a sure crowd pleaser. Melt in your mouth pork belly braised in a lightly spiced sweet soy sauce.
Poh says “My favourite thing about making this in the Crock-Pot® Express Crock XL Multi-Cooker is you can just walk away and get on with other things. If you’re cooking for a dinner party, it’s one dish on the menu that requires no babysitting, and who doesn’t love that?”
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 tbsp Olive or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled, chopped or crushed
- 5cm Ginger, peeled, finely shredded
- 5 stalks Spring onions, finely sliced
- 100g White Sugar
- 4 tbsp Dark Soy
- 4 tbsp Light Soy
- 3 Star Anise
- 1 Stick Cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 150mL Shaoxin Rice Wine
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1kg Pork Belly, cut into 3cm pillars
- 3 bunches Broccolini, cut into roughly 6cm batons
- 3 cups Steamed Jasmine Rice
- Select SAUTÉ, then press START/STOP. Immediately combine the olive oil, garlic, ginger and spring onions in the Crock-Pot® Express Crock XL Multi-Cooker and cook until golden and fragrant.
- Add the sugar, soy sauces, star anise, cinnamon, cloves, Shaoxin rice wine and water. Stir to ensure the sugar is not sitting on a clump on the bottom, then arrange the pork pieces evenly over the surface. Secure the lid ensuring the steam release valve is in the seal (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
- Select MEAT/STEW. Press START/STOP.
- Once the cooking process has finished, carefully release the pressure. When all the steam has escaped, remove the lid and nestle the broccolini through the pork, so it’s submerged in the sauce.
- Secure the lid again to allow the broccoli to blanche for 5-10 minutes in the residual heat, until crunchy but not raw.
- To serve, garnish the pork with the sliced spring onions and serve with steamed rice.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.