This Indian dish is a family favourite and very easy to make with stunning results. It can also be baked instead of being barbequed.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 kg. Ingham's Whole Chicken
- 1 cup Yoghurt, plain and unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons Monika's Tandoori paste
- 1 lemon, juice extrated
- Clean and cut chicken into small pieces and make deep slashes in the skin.
- Combine yoghurt, tandoori paste and lemon juice well in a bowl and then pour over the chicken pieces. Marinate for 5 hours at least or overnight is even better
- Place the marinated chicken pieces on a hot BBQ plate and roast till the inside of the chicken pieces are cooked ( about 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the pieces and heat of the BBQ). For the last 5 minutes of cooking, place on the grill so that the chicken blackens a little and gets a smoky flavour. Pour a little oil over the pieces if they look dry.
- Serve hot garnished with onion rings and lemon wedges
Add salt to the chicken pieces if required. For a spicier version, add chilli powder to the marinade according to your taste. Cut the chicken into small pieces so that they cook faster and evenly.