- Serves 4
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
A delicious and fun alternative to traditional lasagne! Perfect for a meat-free Monday dinner.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g tin tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 250g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 100g frozen spinach, defrosted and excess moisture squeezed out
- 250g ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- To make the tomato sauce: Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Cook onion until soft, add garlic and cook for another minute. Add tomato paste and stir, cooking for a minute. Add tin of tomatoes and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir in basil.
- To make the pasta: Using the Philips Pasta & Noodle Maker, add the lasagne disc to set up the machine. Pour the flour into the bowl and set on 1 cup setting. Crack 1 egg into the liquid cup, and add water to the 190ml line. Slowly add the liquid to the machine. As pasta extrudes, cut sheets into approx 15cm lengths. This should make about 6 sheets. Lay out on damp paper towel.
- To make the cheese filling: In a medium bowl, add spinach, ricotta, 1 egg, 1 cup mozzarella and parmesan. Mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble: Spread 2-3 tablespoons of spinach and cheese filling along the length of each pasta sheet. Starting at one end, roll up each sheet. Spread some of the tomato sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. Place the lasagne roll ups on top of the sauce. Spoon the rest of the sauce over the top of the rolls, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake in oven, pre-heated oven (180C) for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden, and the pasta is cooked. Serve with salad greens.
This recipe serves 2 adults and 2 children. Quantities can easily be doubled for a larger family or 4 adults.