This toad in the hole is a hearty family favourite!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 500g Sausages
- 3/4 cup Plain Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- Pinch Salt
- 1 heaped tsp Dijon or whole grain mustard
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Pour oil into a deep roasting pan and place in oven for 5 minutes until hot.
- Add sausages to hot oil carefully. Cook for 10 minutes, turning once, or until just browned.
- Meanwhile, sift flour and salt into a bowl. Whisk eggs, milk and mustard together in a jug and add to flour mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Remove pan from oven. Carefully pour batter over sausages. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until puffed up and golden then serve with your choice of sides.