- Makes 12
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
A healthy snack great hot or cold & perfect for lunch boxes.
Ingredients (makes 12 Frittatas)
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 large Carrot grated
- 1 large Zucchini grated
- 1/2 cup Drained canned corn
- 1/4 cup Grated low-fat cheese
- 1/2 cup Wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower kernels
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Heat oil in frypan & sauté onion until soft. Place in large bowl. Add carrot, zucchini, corn, cheese, flour & salt to the bowl.
- Combine eggs & oil & stir into vegetable mixture.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased muffin pans. Sprinkle with kernels & bake in oven for 30 minutes.
You can use whatever vegetables you have handy & if you like bacon could be added. Feel free to sprinkle your choice of seeds on top. If you are packing these into a lunch box, it's a good idea to pack an icy cold drink to keep the frittatas cool.