- Serves 4
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 19 Ingredients
This is a favourite with our whole family. You may need to make double, as everyone always asks for seconds! You can still make this dish if you don’t have any leftover roast chicken – just buy a cooked chicken from the shop. Too easy!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 100 g vermicelli rice noodles
- 400 g cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned or grated
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 handfuls bean shoots
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, and chopped (optional)
- 1 handful peanuts, roasted and chopped
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Place noodles in a bowl of boiling water. Allow to soften for 3–5 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water. Drain thoroughly.
- To make dressing, shake ingredients in a jar until combined. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- In a large salad bowl, mix chicken, cucumber, carrot, capsicum, bean shoots, spring onion, mint and coriander leaves. Add dressing and toss to coat. Then add softened noodles and gently toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with chilli and chopped peanuts.