- Serves 5
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Put your best-o foot forward with this tasty pesto. Hello Fresh have livened up classic pasta with succulent chicken, green beans and baby spinach.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 cups Fresh Green Beans
- 4 Single Chicken Breasts
- 400g Farfalle (Bow Tie Pasta)
- 1/3 cup Pesto (homemade or in your Hello Fresh Pack)
- 90g Parmesan Cheese (shaved or ready to go in your Hello Fresh Pack)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
Notes... This recipe is proudly brought to you by Hello Fresh. Hello Fresh develops fresh and delicious recipes, sources the best ingredients and delivers it all to your door ... all you have to do is cook it and ENJOY!
- GET PREPPED Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Finely slice the RED ONION. Trim the ends of the GREEN BEANS and cut in half. Cut the CHICKEN BREASTS into 1cm strips.
- COOK THE PASTA & BEANS Add the FARFALLE to the saucepan of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes or until just tender (al dente). In the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add the GREEN BEANS. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with OLIVE OIL to prevent sticking, toss to coat and cover to keep warm.
- COOK THE ONION While the pasta is cooking, heat a drizzle of OLIVE OIL in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the RED ONION and cook for 3 - 4 minutes, or until just softened.
- COOK THE CHICKEN Add the CHICKEN STRIPS to the pan with the onion and cook for 5 - 6 minutes, or until cooked through. (Be sure to avoid overcrowding the pan by keeping the chicken to a single layer. This helps the chicken brown and not stew in the juices. If necessary cook in batches. Season with a pinch of SALT & PEPPER. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- BRING EVERYTHING TOGETHER Add the CHICKEN STRIPS, RED ONION, PESTO and a pinch of SALT to the bowl with the FARFALLE and GREEN BEANS. Season again if necessary. Add the BABY SPINACH LEAVES and toss together.
- SERVE UP Divide the warm pesto chicken and bow-tie pasta between bowls. Top with the FLAKED PARMESAN CHEESE. ENJOY!
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.