This Banana Pikelet recipe is perfect for kids and the whole family from Mandy Sacher; Paediatric Nutritionist and author of Wholesome Child.
We’re giving away 10 copies of Wholesome Child Nutrition Guide & Cookbooks. ENTER NOW TO WIN!
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 16 Mini Pikelets)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1-2 tbs Almond Meal
- 1 tsp Arrowroot
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch Sea Salt
- - Coconut Oil (For Frying)
- Using a hand-held blender, combine eggs and banana together until smooth consistency is reached.
- Add almond meal, arrowroot, cinnamon and salt and whisk to combine.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Place one tbs of mixture in pan and reduce heat.
- Turn over when small bubbles appear or until golden brown on each side, approximately 1 min each side.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 4 months. Tip: Add 1 tbs of chia seeds, 1 tbs of coconut flour or 1 tbs of protein powder.