Why buy hummus? You can make this quick and easy dip in less then 5 minutes at a fraction of the cost, with ingredients you have in your pantry. Great to whip up when unexpected visitors drop by or when you are looking for a healthy snack to accompany your vegetable sticks or crackers.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 1 Can of chick peas, drained
- 2-4 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Glove of garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Add the chick peas, 2 tbsp of water, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and salt to a food processor.
- Process until smooth and creamy. If needed add additional water to thin out the hummus.
- Refrigerate until needed and enjoy.