- Serves 6
- Makes 1
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 15 Ingredients
If you’re a fan of the classic Crunchy Noodle Wombok Salad, you are going to love this Wombok Salad with Chicken. Full of delicious Asian flavours in the sauce, the crunch of crunchy noodles and good quality protein from the chicken breast.
This Wombok Salad with Chicken is sure to become your new favourite for any time a big, yummy salad is called for – family dinner, barbecues or those times when it’s your turn to take a salad.
If your family love even more crunch, add some toasted slivered Almonds, toasted Sesame Seeds or even a sprinkle of Chia Seeds to your Wombok Salad with Chicken – so good!
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 1 Large Salad)
- 1/2 Large Wombok or Chinese Cabbage (or a full small wombok)
- 1/2 Orange, peeled, seeded and cut into segments
- 1/2 cup Red Grapes, halved and seeded if required
- 1 large Chicken Breast (or 2 half breasts)
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 6 Spring Onions, peeled and very finely sliced
- 1 packet Chang's Crunchy Noodles (either thick or thin)
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Light Soy or Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Lightly Toasted Nuts (Pine Nuts, Slivered Almonds) or Sesame Seeds or Chia Seeds
- 1/4 Yellow capsicum (or any colour really), finely sliced
- 1/4 cup Coriander, torn into small pieces
- Place the chicken stock along with 1/2 cup spring onions into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Gently lower in the chicken breast and reduce to a gentle boil. Allow to simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile finely slice the Wombok (Chinese Cabbage) and place in a large bowl along with the spring onions, coriander and capsicum - mix well to combine.
- Mix the vinegar, caster sugar, soy/rice wine, sesame oil and olive oil together in a small bowl or cup and mix well until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the chicken breast from the stock once cooked through and allow to cool slightly. Then slice or tear the chicken into small pieces and allow to cool completely.
- Once the chicken is completely cooled and you are ready to serve, combine all the salad ingredients, the dressing and the chicken and mix well.
- Finally top with the crunchy noodles and the nuts/seeds if you are using and serve.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.