- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
This delicious Mediterranean pasta dish is vegetarian friendly and only 11 ProPoints per serve.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 250g wholemeal penne pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄3 cup (50g) fat-free semi-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan cheese
Notes... To transport this meal, place the pasta mixture in an airtight container before adding the parmesan. Place parmesan in a snap-lock bag. Transport in a chiller bag and keep chilled until required. Reheat in microwave (if desired) and sprinkle with parmesan just before serving.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and zucchini and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until zucchini is just tender. Add rind, juice, chickpeas and tomatoes and stir until hot.
- Add zucchini mixture to pasta. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve hot or cold sprinkled with parmesan.
Recipe Zucchini, chickpea and semi-dried tomato pasta
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.