- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
This delicious Mediterranean pasta dish is vegetarian friendly and only 11 ProPoints per serve.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 250g wholemeal penne pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄3 cup (50g) fat-free semi-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and zucchini and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until zucchini is just tender. Add rind, juice, chickpeas and tomatoes and stir until hot.
- Add zucchini mixture to pasta. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve hot or cold sprinkled with parmesan.
To transport this meal, place the pasta mixture in an airtight container before adding the parmesan. Place parmesan in a snap-lock bag. Transport in a chiller bag and keep chilled until required. Reheat in microwave (if desired) and sprinkle with parmesan just before serving.