- Serves 2
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
A healthy dinner using zucchinis to make noodles instead of traditional pasta and beetroot in the marinara sauce. Yum!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (for the sauce)
- 1/2 large brown onion, finely chopped (for the sauce)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced (for the sauce)
- 2 x 400g can crushed tomatoes (for the sauce)
- 1 x 250g pack of Love Beets cooked beets, finely chopped (for the sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt or to taste (for the sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (for the sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (for the sauce)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper (for the sauce)
- 1/8 teaspoon red chilli flakes, or to taste (for the sauce)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for the noodles)
- 3 large zucchinis (for the noodles)
- To Taste salt and pepper (for the noodles)
- To make the sauce heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients except for the basil and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the chopped basil and remove sauce from heat.
- To make the noodles rinse the zucchini in cold water and chop off the tips and tails. Using a spiralizer (either hand-held or free-standing), spiralize the zucchini into noodles.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium in a large saucepan.
- Add the zucchini noodles and sauté, stirring occasionally, until noodles are hot and reach desired “done-ness,” about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve zucchini noodles with marinara sauce, freshly chopped basil, and grated parmesan cheese. Note: You can leave the zucchini noodles raw if desired
Recipe Zucchini noodle pasta with marinara sauce
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.